Paul Roper is a SHADO technician with a pretty, younger wife, and aliens have threatened to kill her, unless he passes on to them cryptic computer co-ordinates, the possession of which will allow them to make an undetected attack on the Moonbase. Colonel Freeman discovers what Roper has been doing, and Roper asks for the opportunity to make amends by undertaking a dangerous mission to the Moon to stop the attack.
- Paco on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 7:20 am: Controling a SHADO Doctor with an implant didn't exactly seem like the most efficient method for the aliens to sabotage the moonbase. Using the doctor would allow them to incapacitate the members of SHADO over a long period of time, thus avoiding the risk of attracting suspicion.
- Since Roper was on foot (on the lunar surface), he couldn't have been that far from the moonbase. The moonmobile should have been able to make it to him before his air supply ran out. It may have been damaged or out of service for maintenance.
- Keith Alan Morgan on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 1:32 am: Why would the aliens need the information from SID? Don't they have their own computers? Their computers don't have a link to the ones used by SHADO, which they need as part of the plan.
- They know an attack is coming. They know when & where it's coming from. So why have 1 man with a missile launcher instead of launching Interceptors? They may want to keep the Interceptors in reserve, to allow Roper a chance to redeem himself.
- steve McKinnon (Steve) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 8:04 am: Does it make sense for Roper to be the only attacker on the moon vs. the UFO? After all he just survived an attack on himself in his car, where he was apparently thrown clear of, but sustained multiple injuries! Surely someone in perfect health deserved to be on the surface instead of him so ensure the UFO was destroyed. He probably insisted on going alone, as part of his plan to redeem himself, knowing that he would likely be killed in the process.
|Production Block 1:|
Identified I Computer Affair I Flight Path I Survival I Exposed I Conflict I The Dalotek Affair I A Question of Priorities I Ordeal I The Responsibility Seat I The Square Triangle I Court Martial I Close Up I Confetti Check A-OK I E.S.P. I Kill Straker! I Sub-Smash
|Production Block 2:|
The Sound of Silence I The Cat with Ten Lives I Destruction I The Man Who Came Back I The Psychobombs I Reflections in the Water I Mindbender I Timelash I The Long Sleep
|Identified I Exposed I The Cat with Ten Lives I Conflict I A Question of Priorities I E.S.P. I Kill Straker! I Sub-Smash I Destruction I The Square Triangle I Close Up I The Psychobombs I Survival I Mindbender I Flight Path I The Man Who Came Back I The Dalotek Affair I Timelash I Ordeal I Court Martial I Computer Affair I Confetti Check A-OK I The Sound of Silence I Reflections in the Water I The Responsibility Seat I The Long Sleep|